can not create struts2-archetype-starter

can not create struts2-archetype-starter

Kevin4419
When I try to create a struts2 project, I use
 mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=tutorial -DartifactId=tutorial -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository.
But it seems there is nothing in this remote repositories.

Here is the error message
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.struts
ArtifactId: struts2-archetype-starter
Version: 2.0.9-SNAPSHOT

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.struts -DartifactId=struts2-ar
chetype-starter -Dversion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.struts -DartifactId=struts2-arch
etype-starter -Dversion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Dur
l=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

So, what should I do if I just want create a simple struts2 project with maven.

Re: can not create struts2-archetype-starter

venkuk
Use AppFuse

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.appfuse.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=appfuse-basic-struts -DremoteRepositories=http://static.appfuse.org/releases -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.2 -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=myproject

Re: can not create struts2-archetype-starter

Kevin4419
Thanks, but I just want a blank struts2 project.  It seems appfuse-basic-struts include to many things.

Re: can not create struts2-archetype-starter

venkuk

When you generate the struts2 project using Appfuse clean POM by removing the unwanted dependencies, and remove the files that you don't need thats what i do when i start a new project.

Re: can not create struts2-archetype-starter

Kevin4419
thanks a lot

Re: can not create struts2-archetype-starter

panpan2523
Founded in 1847 by Frenchman Louis-Francois Cartier, Cartier's grandsons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques helped lead and propel the name http://mycartieronline.com/Cartier-Earrings-category-6.html buy cartier  to its current worldwide status. In 1904, due to a Brazilian aviator's complaint's pertaining to, at that time, traditional pocket watches, Cartier created the first, flat wrist bezel watch, unique in design, prestigious in quality.